New user Information
Welcome to UNIST Supercomputing Center webpage. This page includes brief information for the new users as below.
- HPC resource
- How to apply account
- How to use HPC resource
UNIST Supercomputing Center has several HPC systems to support computational science researchers as below.
- Leopard, x86_64 Linux cluster, Intel Xeon Westmere processors
- Cheetah, x86_64 Linux cluster, Intel Xeon nehalem processors
- Lion, x86_64 Linux cluster(blade type), Intel Xeon Westmere and Sandy Bridge processors
- Falcon, x86_64 Linux cluster, Intel Xeon Ivy Bridge processors
- Eagle, x86_64 Linux cluster, Intel Xeon Ivy Bridge processors
- Lustre parallel file system
UNIST members(professors, researchers, students, staffs) can use HPC resource to do their own job. But, it is allowed to use only scientific research or educational purpose. If one wants to use HPC resource besides these purpose, one has to obtain permission from the steering committee. If you want to apply account, please download application form and fill in the blanks and send e-mail it to the staff. E-mail address is [email protected] Click Here to download application form.
How to use HPC system
After you get account, access HPC system refering to the HPC access guide. If you are not used to the UNIX/Linux environment, refer to the basic Linux command guide. We highly recommend changing password when you login HPC system first for the security reason. For the more information, follow the user service.
Tutorial, Manual, and Technical Support
We highly recommend participating tutorial to new users. Also, we supply user service guide. For the more information, refer to the user manual. If you need any kind of support, please drop by supercomputing center office, room # 110 in library building, in business our(Monday to Friday, 10AM ~ 5PM).